2022 Fine Arts Banquet

2022 Fine Arts Banquet

Ashleigh Neace, reporter

The Fine Arts Banquet was held on May 5th at Robson Ranch Clubhouse.  This year there were quite a few things to celebrate including Sweepstakes for the Choir and Band, plus a lot of awards for the Legacies from various competitions. All of these programs have had tremendous success this year, and we know this will continue into next year.

Choir Awards: 

Director’s Award for Chorus:  The Director’s Award for Chorus® honors outstanding members of your junior or senior high school chorus. A student needs 25 points to earn a letterman jacket. For all of her participation and accomplishments in choir, and a total of 52 points, the Director’s Award -Kelli Muncy

National School Choral Awards:The National School Choral Award® is the highest honor for high school choral performers. It recognizes the dedication and musical achievement of the top choral students. This student participated in choir, UIL, Solo and Ensemble, and Region all four years. His crowning achievement is the placement of 1st chair for his section at the Area round, which allowed him to perform with the TMEA Small School Mixed Chorus. He had a total of 85 points- Bodi Gill. Additionally, Bodi was nominated as a Texas Music Scholar. The award is given by the Texas Music Educators Association to students who have exhibited outstanding qualities in scholastic merit, musicianship, and citizenship in their school and community during the 2021-2022 school year.

Solo and Ensemble Awards:  Students who received a superior rating are awarded a medal. These students sang a Class II solo and received a 1: Emerald Hansard and Victoria Roberts

Students who sang a Class I solo and received a 1: Yaya Alvarez, Rachel Boyd, Synphanie Dennis, Bodi Gill, Skye Gill, Maddie Hale, Peyton Hoffmann, Kelli Muncy, Addison Pickering, Karla Ramirez, Kate Stubbs, Brigitte Tpezano, Haley Voelkel, Hayley Wiggins

Officer Positions:

Student Director: Rachel Boyd

President: Peyton Hoffman

Vice-President: Haylee Claytor

Secretary/Treasurer: Celestine Martinez

Historian: Tori Roberts-Head Historian

Photographer- Celestia Lane

Social Chairpersons: Reagan Stewart; Assistant-Emerald Hansard

Librarian: Karla Ramirez

The Legacies:

Rookie of the Year-Kamilah Jimenez
Veteran of the Year-Maddie Hale
Miss Legacy-Destiny Wolf
Director’s Choice-Rachel Seay
Recognized new Officer Line 2022-2023
Social Officers-Nyla Mills and Kamilah Jimenez
Dance Officers-Jr. Lieutenant Greta Allen, Jr. Lieutenant Kylie Brinkman, Jr. Lieutenant Addison Pickering

Band: 

Thomas DeLange: Sousa award for most outstanding band member

Hanna Zimmerman: Gilmore award for the outstanding band member.
Lexi Bauder: Merit award
Jordyn Seay: First chair award
Shelby Aja: Outstanding musicianship award