Saying Goodbye To Mr. Stover

Cherokee Farmer, Reporter

Stover has been in education for 34 years, 17 of them being in ponder teaching agriculture science and country extension agent. He says that the best thing about teaching is ” working with the students everyday and watching them mature into young adults” and the worst being ” “paper work”. What will be missed the most “is seeing my kids everyday and making friendships with my co-workers (even though y’all have heard them many times), also Ag trips and livestock shows with my students working in the shop. My proudest moment or accomplishment while teaching is “Watching students be successful in the show ring, in the shop learning to build projects with their own hands, and Leadership development events (we have had many State Qualifiers and winners over the years). Also, starting the BBQ team here at Ponder and qualifying for State the first year we competed”. He is still most excited to to spend time with his family and move onto a ranch in Oklahoma, continuing to expand his BBQ catering business, raise cattle, play golf, and hunt. Stover says there are too many memories to have a favorite but he loves when he gets to see students be successful and being able to see the happiness and joy in there family’s eyes. 

We asked Mr. Stover to sum up his time at Ponder:

“Ponder has been a great place to work the past 17 years and has been a good place to raise my family. I have made more friends and memories than I can count. Thank you to Ponder ISD for the opportunity, the faculty and staff and all of my students for making this a wonderful experience. It’s been quite a ride! “

“Everyday’s a Holiday”

……. Bart Stover

See ya later, Stover!  Best wishes to you and Mrs. Stover –  enjoy your well earned retirement!