Saying Goodbye to Mrs. Denning 

Saying Goodbye to Mrs. Denning 

Mallorie Joplin, Reporter

Misty Taylor Denning decided it was time to leave for retirement from Ponder High school. She is currently the Chemistry teacher along with Honors Chemistry, OnRamps Chemistry and currently Junior Class Sponsor. Mrs. Denning has been in education for 27 years +1 student teaching but has been in Ponder teaching for 22 years. She’s taught AP Chemistry, IPC, Physics, Physical Science, Anatomy & Physiology, Environmental Science, and Biology. She has also coached UIL academics.

The best thing about teaching for Mrs. Denning is working with students day-to-day. She loves interacting with her students and helping them understand Chemistry. She also enjoys learning from the students as well. With teaching chemistry, she especially enjoys showing them how chemistry is all around them and then seeing them make those connections. The only downfall of teaching was the loads of paper work she had gotten.  She’ll miss seeing her students everyday and making friendships with other co-workers. Mrs Denning considers her proudest moment watching the students be successful in class and  outside of class in all of their extracurricular activities.

With more free time on her hands, she can spend more time with her family, and she plans to  play in her flower garden more.  She will also be starting a new career in the funeral service industry as a funeral director and embalmer. She says there have been many memorable moments throughout her teaching career, but she have to say when any of her students were successful in something and when they were excited and passionate about what they were doing. When asked if she had anything to say to the students and staff at PHS she stated, “I have enjoyed working at Ponder High School for the past 22 years. I have made many friends, worked with amazing colleagues, and enjoyed getting to be a small part of so many young adults lives. Thank you Ponder ISD for allowing me to be a part of a great district and thank you to all of staff and especially thank you to my students for all of the great memories”  From the Roar Staff, and on behalf of those at PHS- We’ll miss you Mrs. Denning!  Best of luck in all your future endeavors!