Lady Lions Put Up a Fight vs The Lady Eagles

Mallorie Joplin, Reporter

The Ponder Lady Lions fought a good game on Tuesday, November, 16. The Lady Lions and Argyle Eagles tied the first quarter 17-17. Falling short but keeping it close the Lady Lions ended the second quarter 24-27, but they didn’t stop pushing ending the third quarter 41-40. The fourth quarter was one to watch as the crowd went crazy when the score became tied with the back and forth  between the two teams.  It was a close game that came down to the very last seconds of the game, and sadly the Lady Lions came up short losing 52-55. Senior Tate Wells led the team with 20 points.  Seniors Kenzie Crider followed closely with 16 points,  Kassi Ballard with 9 points, Marlee Moynagh with 5 points,  and freshman Sky Gill rounded out the score with 2 points. Their season record now stands 3-4. Their next game is Friday, November, 19 at home – 5:45 pm when they take on Cedar Hill -TCA.

The JV girls had a rough night against a tough Argyle team. They played hard and will learn from the mistakes that were made.  The final score was 24-50. Freshman Sofia Vargas led the team with 11 points.  Also contributing to the team were Mallory Hancock with 4 points, Kaelyn McWilliams with  3 points, Olivia Todd, Lilly Davis, Eriona Hill all with 2 points each.  The JV girls season record is now 1-2.