Ponder Puts Up 20 On Brock

Brayden Annis, Reporter

The Ponder Lions were defeated by Brock last Friday 70-20. The Ponder Lions fought hard all game. The Lions had 3 touchdowns the first was a 17 yard run by Clifton Cooper. The second was a pass to Juke Kelly for 30 yards. The last touchdown was a 7 yard run by Tad Tamplen. The defense also fought hard all night. This year was the first ever Ponder Prowl Bowl. This was a special event where Ponder reached out with love. Each player had a jersey and on the back of it was either someone who is battling cancer, someone who survived cancer, or someone who lost their life to cancer.

The Ponder JV team also played Brock.

Coach Threadgill’s comments: The JV played Brock this evening with a final score of 56-6. We scored on the opening drive to make the score 8-6. Players of the game were Cooper Reynolds, Dakota Cherrier, and Thomas Rhinehart. Defensive players of the game were Luke Tipton and Collin Ussery.

The Freshman team fell to Brock as well.

Coach Westbrook’s comments:  The Ponder Lions freshmen football team traveled to Brock on Thursday, October 14th to take on the Brock Eagles. The first half did not go the Lions’ way, with Brock jumping out to a 30-0 lead. The Lion players were very adaptable and responded well to the adjustments made at halftime. The second half was a defensive battle with the Eagles and Lions trading one touchdown each. In the end, the Eagles prevailed with a 38-6 victory over the Lions. The Lions were led on both sides of the ball by Clayton Cooper, Jimmy Camacho, Johnny Arrellano, and Kaleb Gonzalez. The Lions are now 3-4