Fall Choir Concert

Cherokee Farmer, Reporter

The PHS Annual Fall Concert was  held at Krum High School Performing Arts Center at 7:00 on October 7th.  The following choirs representing both JH and HS choirs performed: Harmony, Cambiata, Bella Voce , Bel Canto, Lyric, and Chamber. This performance was outstanding with the other languages incorporated in the songs. There was short phrases of Hebrew, French, Latin, South African, and Korean. The Harmony Choir sang Yonder Come Day, Georgia Sea Islands, Mon coq est mort, Peaceful River, Shalom Chaverim. Next the Bel Canto Choir sang The Cuckoo, Jubilate Deo, Michael Praetorius, The Moon.  The Lyric Choir sang beautifully performing the following melodies Sing with Pleasure Handel,  South African Suite II. Siyahamba , Ad Astra (To the Stars…).  The Cambianta Choir’s selections were Shoshone Love Song Trad. Native American,  A Cappella Songs for Tenor Bass Chorus III Leave Her, Dies Irae.  The lovely ladies of the  Bella Voce Choir delighted the audience with Dona Nobis Pacem, Cantate Domino, Humming Bird. The final group of the night was the Chamber Choir performing Arirang, You Do Not Walk Alone, The Lord Bless You and Keep You. The audience was packed, was wild when needed to be ,and amazing listeners while the performance was going on.  It was a great night of music for all who attended.