Ponder Homecoming Festivites -2021

Ponder Homecoming Festivites -2021

Hannah Ossowski, Writer

It’s that time of Year Homecoming one of the most exciting times of the year especially this year we have some new traditions coming to Ponder High school this year. One of the most talked about items is the Homecoming parade. This will be on Wednesday at 5:30 featuring the athletic teams and high school classes and organizations.  The parade will wind around the town “square” and end up at the football field for our annual “Meet the Lions” and  pep rally. Sadly, we won’t be having the bon fire; instead of that we are having fireworks.   We also have the new and amazing pep squad, “THE THUNDER CATS” which are there to ramp up the team spirit and the student section.  We have our dress up days, too which are posted in another featured article.  There are some really fun and creative ones! And of course we will have the crowing of the King and Queen with the addition of the Prince and Princess, too.  And let’s not forget the best part- the football game against Nocona where the Lions will show the Indians a thing or two about coming into the jungle!  The PHS band will perform at the conclusion of the game, and normally that would be the end of Homecoming night.  But not this year- the student council is hosting a homecoming dance this year.  So after the band marches, everyone needs to head over to the high school for the dance.  It promises to be a great time for everyone and a tradition we’d like to keep going!  Here’s to HOCO 2021!