Top 10 Horror Movies to Watch This Halloween:

Melody Derden, Reporter.

1. Eli- is a movie about a ten-year-old boy named – as you might guess – Eli, who is allergic to everything. He lives in a big plastic tent and when he does go out he wears a blue hazmat suit lest he comes into contact with the air and breaks out in searingly painful red hives. His parents are desperate for a cure for their baby and in a last-ditch effort, go to a miracle worker in the middle of nowhere.
  2. Demonic-When five college students who were investigating ghosts are brutally murdered inside an abandoned home that’s believed to be haunted, police detective Mark Lewis and a psychologist, Dr. Elizabeth Klein is called on to investigate their deaths. They never would have expected the murderer to be who they were.
  3. Hellraiser- A woman discovers the newly resurrected, partially formed, the body of her brother-in-law. She starts killing for him to revitalize his body so he can escape the demonic beings that are pursuing him after he escaped their sadistic underworld.
  4. Session 9- It follows an asbestos abatement crew who begin to experience growing tensions while working in an abandoned mental asylum; this is paralleled by the gradual revelation of a former patient’s disturbed past through recorded audiotapes of her regression sessions.
  5. The Green Inferno- New York college student Justine, a lawyer’s daughter, meets a student activist named Alejandro when he goes on a hunger strike on behalf of underpaid janitors. Smitten, Justine agrees to help Alejandro undertake his next project: to save the Amazon. She soon learns to regret her decision when their plane crashes in the Peruvian jungle and she and the rest of their group are taken captive by a tribe of hungry cannibals.
  6. Truth or Dare- Olivia, Lucas, and a group of their college friends travel to Mexico for one last getaway before graduation. While there, a stranger convinces one of the students to play a seemingly harmless game of truth or dare with the others. Once the game starts, it awakens something evil — a demon which forces the friends to share dark secrets and confront their deepest fears. The rules are simple but wicked — tell the truth or die, do the dare or die, and if you stop playing, you die.
  7. Would you Rather-It is based on the party game “would you rather,” and centers on Snow’s character Iris as she attends a dinner party, where she must partake in life-threatening games to help her sick younger brother secure a donor.
  8. Polaroid-High school loner Bird Fitcher finds a vintage Polaroid camera that holds dark and mysterious secrets. She soon realizes that those who get their picture taken by it meet a tragic and untimely death.
  9. A Nightmare on Elm Street-In Wes Craven’s classic slasher film, several Midwestern teenagers fall prey to Freddy Krueger a disfigured midnight mangler who preys on the teenagers in their dreams — which, in turn, kills them in reality. After investigating the phenomenon, Nancy begins to suspect that a dark secret kept by her and her friends’ parents may be the key to unraveling the mystery, but can Nancy and her boyfriend Glen solve the puzzle before it’s too late?
  10. What Keeps you Alive- Jackie and Jules are a couple celebrating their first anniversary at a secluded cabin in the woods belonging to Jackie’s family. From the moment they arrive, something changes in Jules’ normally loving wife, as Jackie begins to reveal a previously unknown dark side — all building up to a shocking revelation that will pit Jules against the woman she loves in a terrifying fight to survive.