Senior Spotlight with Faith Skelly

Gabriele Taitano, Reporter

Faith Skelly has been a Ponder Lion for 5 years, and in those 5 years Mrs. Davis has grown to be her favorite teacher. You could catch Faith getting a bite to eat at Kurume Ramen, or if you don’t catch her there you can count on her watching My Neighbor Totoro, The Office, or even watching a basketball game. If she isn’t spending her free time hanging out with her friends or family she is probably listening to Billie Eilish or watching anything with Jennifer Aniston in it. Faith would love to learn how to play the piano, as well as to travel to Germany or Japan, crossing off the first thing on her bucket list, but not without her precious dog. If Faith got lucky one day and won the lottery, the first thing she would do with her winnings is buy a house for her family. Speaking of luck (bad luck that is) and  somehow Faith and her best friend got stuck on a deserted island, she would want a fire starter, a water filter, and of course food. Her favorite animal is the midnight howler, the wolf, her favorite color is purple, and if she had the chance to change her name to any other name she would choose the name Della. Faith looks up to her wonderful mom as her role model, who has made a huge impact on her life and has shown her good from bad. The one word in the whole English dictionary that describes Faith is unexpected, which never a bad thing. When Faith was growing up she always wanted to be a teacher, but as she has gotten older and has matured her mind has changed. She no longer wants to be a teacher, but she isn’t sure what she does want to be.  Faith said the one thing she thinks Ponder High School is missing is a Home Ec Class. The quote that sums up her personality is, “no rain, no flowers.”