Glisson’s Gliding In

Sabra Smith, Reporter

This year Ponder High School has a special new edition to the school, Mrs. Glisson!! Mrs. Glisson has been teaching for 25 years, and first started her teaching journey in Blountstown, Florida. She’s a former teacher from Denton High School, and for 13 years she has taught Algebra 1 and Geometry. Before 2007, she lived in Toccoa, Georgia and taught at Stephens County High for 9 years. I’d say this isn’t her first rodeo! Mrs. Glisson says she loves her family very much and has been happily married to her husband Mike for 23 years. Together, they have two beautiful daughters, their oldest Abi, a 2020 graduate, from here at Ponder, and youngest, Anna Beth, a freshman, joining the high school’s Ponder pack! When asked her favorite thing about her job, Glisson answered, “being a positive voice for students, helping each grow as a person, and seeing their insecurities dissipate.”   She is excited about being in Ponder which feels like she has finally come home.  Her superpower is one we can all could use, prayer, how beautiful and brave!  Her personality is best summed up by these two quotes:

” Kindness is going outside of your comfort zone to let people know that they are important and loved.”  –RAKtivist

“Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.”  –Coco Chanel

Thank you for coming to join the Ponder family Mrs. Glisson, we can’t wait to hear more from and about you, and now let the good time’s begin!