• May 205/23- Last Day of School- YAY!

• May 205/23- FFA Banquet- 6:30

• May 205/22-5/23- Final Exams and Early Release Days

• May 205/20- Graduation @ UNT Coliseum- 7:00 p.m.- Project Graduation to follow at Andy B's

Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Julia Pagel, Reporter

Even after a nearly 36 hour rain delay, three Ponder girls undeniably showed their talents, as they qualified for the State tournament. The stakes were high on the 18th and 19th of April and Ponder Tennis was ready to compete. This year, Ponder took ten people to the Class 3A Region II Regional tournament, the most Ponder has ever taken. They took a mixture of boy’s doubles, girl’s doubles, mixed doubles, and even girl’s singles. The following are the names of the students that advanced to Regionals:

• Girl’s doubles: Jensen Pagel and Cate Moynagh fell in the first round to Edgewood, a number 2 seed.
  • Girl’s singles: Kinsey Montgomery also lost in the first round against Pattonville Prairiland.
  • Boy’s doubles: Kevin Ochoa and Trey Saltzman beat Hughes Springs in the first round and lost to White Oak in the second round.
  • Mixed doubles: Caroline Hicks and Andy Ochoa also lost in the first round to Gladewater.

The State qualifiers are girl’s doubles, Sadie Dearing and Remington Jackson, and girl’s singles, Julia Musacchio. Sadie and Remington received a bye in the first round, won against Ore City 6-2, 6-0 in the second round, won against Van Alstyne 6-3, 6-2 in the third round, and won the championship game 6-2, 6-2 against Edgewood. Julia impressively overcame diversity, placing second as a number 3 seed. Julia defeated Caroline Jones from Lone Oak 6-3, 6-1 in her first game, won her second game 7-5, 6-1 against Macy Weeks of White Oak, won her third game 6-4, 7-5 against Juliann Kelley from Whitewright, and placed second in the championship with a score of 6-0, 6-0 against Leonard’s Kenna Kelly. This will be Sadie and Remington’s third state tournament together and Julia’s first state tournament. The state tournament is scheduled for May 16th and 17th in College Station at Texas A&M University. The Ponder Roar staff is very proud of everyone’s accomplishments and would like to say congratulations and good luck to Ponder’s state competitors, Sadie, Remington, and Julia!

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

2019 All Sports Banquet

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Arterberry Takes a Bite Out of State

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Bass Team Competes at State

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Arterberry Hurdles Regional; Headed to Austin

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Ponder Baseball Falls to Van Alstyne

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Arterberry Goes To State

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Ponder Baseball in the Playoffs

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Lady Lions Season Comes to a Close

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

What a way to end the Golf season!

• Ponder Tennis Advances to State

Sports

Bass Team at State

Ponder Tennis Advances to State