• October 1510/20- UIL Marching Contest

• October 1510/19- Volleyball vs. Gunter- 4:30 (varsity first) *BIG GAME*; Football @ Bowie- 7:30 p.m.

• October 1510/18- JV Football vs. Bowie-5:30 p.m.

• October 1510/16- Volleyball @ Pottsboro- 5:00 p.m.

• October 1510/15- NHS Induction Ceremony- 6:30

• October 1510/15- Student Holiday- Teacher Workday

Class of 2018: The Best is Yet to Come

Mrs. J, adviser

Mortarboards were decorated in a variety of ways: “She believed she could, so she did”, “I did it!”, “Thanks Mom and Dad”, and my personal favorite “Master has given Dobby a diploma. Now Dobby is free!”  But the one that was repeated a few times was- “The best is yet to come!”  This mantra is a perfect representation of a class full of UIL champions, playoff athletes, accomplished musicians and actors, gifted students, and just plain hardworking kids.  They have time and time again exemplified what it means to be a champion.  So I do believe with this group where the sky is literally the limit, the best is yet to come.

The evening began with  benediction by Sam Norwood followed by a beautiful rendition of the Star Spangled Banner by Chaise Glenn.  I am sure there was not a single heart left untouched by the end of the song.  Next salutatorian Nate Hill challenged his classmates to continue their tradition of excellence into the next phase of their lives while thanking those teachers and classmates who have helped shape him.  Mr. Simmons handed out many scholarships to the graduates that exceed well over $100,000, ending by recognizing the top two scholars- Nate Hill and Sam Hutcherson.  Valedictorian Sam Hutcherson then got nostalgic with his speech and reminded everyone that it really does take a village to shape someone.  He thanked the teachers that had helped him and his classmates, too, that had impacted him most in his high school journey. Both boys honored high school teachers Mrs. Bieler, Mrs. Denning, Mrs. Steele, and Mr. Williams for their work at school in the classroom and beyond with UIL and Shattered Dreams.  Go Teachers!

Finally it was time for the diplomas and as the roll was called each graduate marched proudly to the stage to receive a well deserved diploma.   Of course, the last was the most entertaining with Tyler Wagner always good for a few laughs.   Once everyone was a confirmed graduate, and Tye Schluter had dismissed everyone with the benediction, it was time to toss those mortarboards!

The Class of 2018 will be missed.  As one of the sponsors, they all have a special place in my heart as well as Mrs. Crider’s, Mr. William’s and Coach Fossett’s. We have been with them for four years and spend many hours working side by side with them.   I know that we, along with all the PHS faculty and staff, wish them the very best that life has to offer.  And yes, Class of 2018, the best is yet is yet to come!

• Class of 2018: The Best is Yet to Come

PHS Life

See You at the Pole 2018!

PHS Life

Pep Rally 9/28

PHS Life

A Spooktacular Month

PHS Life

A New Queen Has Been Chosen

PHS Life

NHS Fall Blood Drive

PHS Life

Homecoming Pep Rally

PHS Life

Red Out

PHS Life

Jersey Day

PHS Life

Way To Kick Off Our First Pep Rally

PHS Life

Homecoming Hall Decorations

Class of 2018: The Best is Yet to Come