• September 169/22- JV Volleyball Tournament @ Valley View

• September 169/21- Football @ S&S-7:30; Volleyball vs. Pottsboro- 4:30

• September 169/20- JV Football vs. S & S - 5:30; Cross Country @ Haltom City

• September 169/18- Volleyball @ Pilot Point- 5:00 p.m.

District Track Meet: Setting records, On to Area with Eyes on Regionals

Candra West, Reporter

On April 11th and 12th, 2018 Ponder High School sent many students to compete at the district track meet in Pottsboro hoping to send many to the area meet and this was accomplished, but what wasn’t expected was setting not one, but TWO new school records!  Rylan Waldo in the 100 meter dash with a time of 10.799 and Reese Arterberry in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 42.782. Overall the Varsity boys got 5th, JV boys got 3rd, and JV girls got 5th.  Rylan Waldo brought home four gold medals in the 100 meter run,  200 meter run(23.13), triple jump (43′ 8″), and long jump (21’5.75″). He also had the distinction of being the top overall Varsity boy with 42 points. Reese Arterberry placed second in the 300 meter hurdles and third in the 110 meter hurdles(17.01).  Reese and Rylan also helped out Oscar Martinez and Mason Durrett get fourth place in the 4×4 meter relay with a time of 3:42.446. Along with the Varsity’s outstanding performance, the JV boys had an amazing day, too. Hayden Moussa placed second in the 3200 meter run with a time of 11:47.444. Terrance Clark place third in the 100 meter dash with a time of 11.616, and fourth in long jump with a distance of 18′-1″. Aaron Stephens placed third in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:22.310 and fourth in the 1600 meter run with a time of 5:26.837. Hunter Green placed first in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 18.665. Nick Waymire Sanchez placed fourth in shot put with a distance of 33′-10″. Edward Shell placed 6th in discus with a distance of 84′-6 1/2″. Demetri Stowers placed fifth in triple jump with a distance of 35′-4 3/4″. The 4×100 meter relay, consisting of Terrance Clark, Nate Antczak, Cameron Carroll, and Chase Taylor managed to pull together for sixth place. The 4×200 meter relay team, Nate Antczak, Jerrett Deweber, Cameron Carroll, and Demetri Stowers ran for sixth place. All of the boys, both JV and Varsity, had an outstanding performance. The Varsity girls had a well-hard fought performance. Rebecca Smith placed fifth overall with 21.5 points, with a well fought performance she got 3rd in both the 200 meter dash and long jump, as well as third in triple jump. Mariah Gill placed fifth in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 54.249. Chloe Poole placed sixth in shot put with a distance 27′-10″ and fifth place in discus with a distance of 77′-5″. Kelsi McDaniel placed first for pole vault with a height of 8′-0″. The 4×100 meter team made up of Taylor Wells, Brittney, Rebecca Smith, and Sam Simpson ran a time fast enough to get third place and advance to area with a time of 54.248. The 4×200 meter relay team, Sam Simpson, Rebecca Smith, Katheryn DeJesus, and Kelley Akins placed sixth. Cordie Ford Placed sixth overall in JV girls with 21 points. Cordie placed first in the 800 meter run with 2:50, 3rd in the long jump with a distance of 12′-10 1/2″, and second in triple jump with a distance of 28′-3 1/2″. Mollie Sampson placed 5th in the 1600 meter run with a time of 6:42.479. The 4×200 meter relay team of Cordie Ford, Kathyrn DeJesus, Summer Eades, and Taylor Reeves ran for a time of 2:04.538 and third place. The 4×400 meter relay team of  Cordie Ford, Hailey Crumpton, Summer Eades, and Taylor Reeves ran for a time of 4:52.327 and second place. All of these students did well and we congratulate you! Good Luck to those individuals and team members that moved on to Area!!!

490total visits,3visits today

• District Track Meet: Setting records, On to Area with Eyes on Regionals

Sports

Mustangs Corral Ponder

Sports

Lady Lions Bash The Bearcats

Sports

Lady Lions Volleyball Fights Hard Against Callisburg

Sports

Lady Lions Fall In 5

Sports

Lady Lions Get Stung by the Yellow Jackets

Sports

Howe Did We Do?

Sports

Running Lions in Keene

Sports

Ponder Bashes Bowie

Sports

5000 Meters to Victory

Sports

Lady Lions Defeat the Bulldogs and Take on the Argyle Tournament!